Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1967 Z Bar components
Photo link: Forum code:
1967 Z Bar components
Author Photo
JackVW1959
Samba Member

Photos: 197

1967 Z Bar components Posted: Fri Feb 12, 2016 8:04 am     Views: 39      Rating: Not rated

The pictures show components of the Z-Bar that was introduced on the 1967 VW type1. I had purchased a Z-Bar and components on line, identified as one for a 1967. I recently purchased a basket case 67 convertible for parts. It had the complete Z-Bar. I removed everything, cleaned and painted that set. I decided to do the second Z-Bar as well then I would sell that unit. However I found the connecting pieces to be of different lengths. The pieces off my 67 parts car are 10-1/2" long vs the purchased pieces at 12-1/2" long. The middle section is where the length changes with 2-3/4" on the parts car and the purchased pieces are about 4" long in the middle. Can anybody help me identify the longer pieces? I understand the 68 rear body mounts are about an 1-1/2" shorter than the 67 so maybe that's what they are for.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.