Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

VW mechanical brake switch easy fix
Photo link: Forum code:
VW mechanical brake switch easy fix
Author Photo
mrmomzz
Samba Member

Photos: 10

VW mechanical brake switch easy fix Posted: Sun Aug 21, 2016 4:05 pm     Views: 82      Rating: Not rated

I made two mechanical brake light switches. One is a normal everyday universal switch that I mounted on the floor and the other is a reverse pull mechanism. It starts out taunt and the circuit closes when the spring pin pulls into the switch. Bothe cost me about 7 bucks for the switch and I purchased a couple of brackets at lowes in the framing bracket area. Wiring is simple, went through the firewall and piggybacked the two connecters on the master cylinder switch. The system will work on either switch should one fail, but the mechanical switches light up at the touch of the pedal, not after 30 pounds of pedal pressure. My email is Mrmommzz@gmail. com should anyone have any questions.
Glenn

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.