Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

horribly worn and poorly worn tires
Photo link: Forum code:
horribly worn and poorly worn tires
Author Photo
Tom Powell
Samba Member

Photos: 322

horribly worn and poorly worn tires Posted: Sun Sep 18, 2016 3:21 pm     Views: 34      Rating: Not rated

I bought an ’87 Vanagon in Oregon and drove it to the East Coast and back to SoCal. The PO had done a 2” lift and put on new tires. Possibly he did not do a wheel alignment, but I found some paperwork. The front tires were horribly worn after I got to SoCal. I replaced them and had an alignment done. The tires have CIP1 spacers and I want to replace those with solid spacers from T3. I pulled a front tire to measure the spacers and noted that the new tires are wearing poorly after a SoCal, Utah, Tahoe, SoCal trip and another SoCal, Tahoe, SoCal trip. Damn. I measured the CIP1 spacers at 14.5mm. I have 15mm spacers in my T3 shopping cart. I’ll order them, install them, switch tires front to back, and get another alignment. Attached are photos of the spacers on one wheel and vernier scale, old/new tire with horrible wear, alignment specs, wheel, new/new tire with poor wear.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.