Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Image in Craig Elam's former Hebmueller engne compartment
Photo link: Forum code:
Image in Craig Elam's former Hebmueller engne compartment
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 4412

Image in Craig Elam's former Hebmueller engne compartment Posted: Thu Oct 27, 2016 3:05 am     Views: 104      Rating: Not rated

When I enlarged my original scan of the engine compartment photo in my gallery, the image is a small caricature of a VW engine. Perspective is standing from behind the left side of the engine looking down. Looks too detailed to be painted on; most likely a decal. The coil with bracket, pulleys, distributor and header with stinger or single glasspack muffler are visible, also the left end of a stock single-port intake manifold as well as the two left spark plug air seals. What seems to be a green bird or parrot (orange beak; head looking to the left) "embracing" the engine from the back. Its left "arm" is reaching around the right side of the engine shroud, with a hand holding onto the oil filler area (?!).

Original photo was made with 800 DPI. Image is zoomed in 240x, sharpened, and "highlights" slightly increased.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.