Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

'64 Ghia Coupe
Photo link: Forum code:
'64 Ghia Coupe
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 4412

'64 Ghia Coupe Posted: Fri Oct 28, 2016 6:24 pm     Views: 350      Rating: Not rated

Taken early 1995, about a year after I bought it out of Rhode Island. I installed a near-stock 1600 dual-port with Kadrons, and a Beetle dual-quiet pack muffler (right edge of mounting flange is vertical).

Other details:
-Rear bumper aligned level
-Early 1960's Bus VOLKSWAGEN tailgate emblem to replace the missing original Ghia one. The bus emblem is longer and slightly taller, but has the same font. The left two attachment pins lined up with the existing holes in the engine lid.
-Firewall sound insulation panel covered with roofing paper to hide numerous tears in the panel. Glued on. Side panels to the rear of the wheelwell humps also covered with roofing paper.
-Battery relocated to under the rear seat, as in a Beetle. Makes much more room for dual carbs.
-Battery tray to the right of the engine was rotted. I had a Beetle battery tray welded in, which has the same overall size as the Ghia's built thru Dec. 63. Good match to the left indent panel. Car was already painted orange by POs; I found a Krylon spray can which was a perfect match to repaint the engine surround panels after the patching.
-Non-original engine lid; car color is polar blue.
-'67 Beetle reverse light mounted under the bumper using the Beetle bracket, just turned upside-down. Light is activated by a Bus reverse switch at the speedometer cable.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.