Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Painting my '62 in '76
Photo link: Forum code:
Painting my '62 in '76
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 4374

Painting my '62 in '76 Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:19 pm     Views: 121      Rating: Not rated

Dad and I fixed up my anthracite grey '62 in '75 and '76 enough to paint it in the summer of '76. At the time I considered that color really drab. Now it's one of my top 3 favorite Beetle colors from the '60's. I really liked the bright blue color of my dad's company car '75 Audi Fox, Miami Blue. So dad purchased some Martin Senour brand acrylic enamel primer/sealer and Miami Blue topcoat, we rented a compressor and spray gun from a shop in New Milford CT, and my cousin and I took turns applying the primer and the paint outdoors. We pushed back the sunroof and taped the roof opening. Primer was a dull light greenish-grey, and I remember my cuz remarking that was already a cool color just the way it was before the topcoat. It was my first, and only so far, time to paint an entire car.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.