Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

911-powered '69 Ghia
Photo link: Forum code:
911-powered '69 Ghia
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 4374

911-powered '69 Ghia Posted: Sat Feb 18, 2017 5:44 pm     Views: 169      Rating: Not rated
From the Bug-Out, Virginia May 1985 event

While attending the Bug-Out VW meet in Manassas, VA in May 1985 (possible already in '84) I saw this remarkable '69 Ghia coupe. I remember it slowly driving towards me on the car show access road, making a clean appearance. 5.5" Sprint Stars, removed rear fender reflectors; no quarter windows; and slightly rolled rear wheelwells. But the engine sound- wow- a very clean installation of a 911 engine. Note the original engine latch relocated to the upper left using a bracket, the custom rear engine cross-support, the wide-exit dual exhaust tips, the engine lid air scoop. I remember that the engine lid closed fully, making this an effective "sleeper".

In the front shot, that's my friend Michael W with the white shirt to the right. He went on to buy and manage the VW/Porsche/Audi dealer Autohaus of Harrisburg in Pennsylvania in the '90's.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.