Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Front Guide Pin
Photo link: Forum code:
Front Guide Pin
Author Photo
BIGMIKEY
Samba Member

Photos: 300

Front Guide Pin Posted: Sat Jan 27, 2018 4:48 pm     Views: 24      Rating: Not rated

I took one of the old bolts, cut the head off and tapered the end a bit, cut a slot in it for a screw driver. Then I screwed it into the heater channel nut plate. This helps guide the body down on to the chassis but also makes it easier to screw the 10mm bolts into that nutplate. It's free to flop around in the cage that holds it and is sometimes tough to get a thread started. But with the guide pit it stabilizes it and makes it easier to start the hold down bolt. Once one hold down bolt is in place and snugged down I can remove the guide pin(using the screwdiver slot if needed) and put in the 2nd bolt. Works good.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.