Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 the original Shrike GT kit car
Photo link: Forum code:
1966 the original Shrike GT kit car
Author Photo
BushwhackDave
Samba Member

Photos: 28

1966 the original Shrike GT kit car Posted: Tue May 15, 2018 7:18 pm     Views: 116      Rating: 10

I'm searching for any surviving example of my father's design the Shrike GT. Only 4 were made when the company Phoenix Automotive failed and partners went separate ways. There are rumours they were destroyed out of anger, jealousy and ignorance (Can anyone imagine destroying a unique car design with only 4 made nowadays?)but I still hold out hope to find one - my father Don Haskin's legacy. Was the Shrike GT destroyed because it was too good looking? Most kit cars were an ugly copy of a Ford GT or Ferrari Dino with BAD proportions and an ugly windshield. Was it failed business partners that were mad or other kit car makers trying to bury it? While we ponder the question I'm still asking all car lovers to keep an eye out for a survivor and PLEASE contact me -Thanks! Dave Haskin (Bushwhack Dave)

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB