Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Fort Lee, NJ -the east...
Photo link: Forum code:
Fort Lee, NJ -the east...
Author Photo
ZENVWDRIVER
Samba Member

Photos: 1600

Fort Lee, NJ -the east... Posted: Thu Jun 07, 2018 4:16 pm     Views: 293      Rating: Not rated

... side of the George Washington Bridge to NYC, circa 1970, when 25% of the registered cars on the road were air-cooled VWs... they were everywhere.
in that time, I had 3 splits, 2 ovals, a Messerschmitt and a 1956 BMW- isetta... those were the days.

Russ said...
A lot of Vw’s crossed the gw bridge everyday. My father drove early Datsun and Toyota’s. He commuted everyday to the Bronx. He said he used to carpool with a guy with a beetle. Said he froze his ass off and the windows would freeze. He loved his Toyota’s....
Russ is a Toyota man as well.

Bill said... about this pix...
I can remember as a kid my dad asking me and my sisters when we went on a car trip with him to count how many Volkswagens we saw. it started to get old because there were soooo many, lol! I told him the girls can count the VWs I will count the Porsches! Great photo, nowadays Hondas and Toyotas rule the turf...
Bill works for Honda of America

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.