Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Totally Wurth It
Photo link: Forum code:
Totally Wurth It
Author Photo
Exaktaphile
Samba Member

Photos: 239

Totally Wurth It Posted: Tue Jul 03, 2018 6:01 pm     Views: 76      Rating: Not rated

I shot 6 liters and have an average thickness of 50-60mils (1/16", 1.27mm).

First coat - 3 liters for coverage.

Second coat - one hour flash time and then 2 liters to build up previous coat. The first two coats had nice texture but were smoother than factory.

Third coat - to experiment with textures and "find"a nice finish. I fogged (drop coat) most of the last liter after 18 hours flash time onto a still-tacky gooey surface. This coat formed primarily on top of the 2nd, instead of melting into the previous coats. This looks far better. Since I only had one liter, I concentrated on the more visible areas first and then worked my way out.

Looks like giving a good period of time between coats for solvent evaporation can help attain a high-relief texture. "Flash time" of course, depends on temperature and humidity. Karmann certainly used more product than 6 liters.

Afterwards, there is no more hollow tin-can sound to the body. :-) 1957 lowlight Ghia, stone guard, wuerth, undercoating, underseal

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB