Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turbine Time - 1
Photo link: Forum code:
Turbine Time - 1
Author Photo
Exaktaphile
Samba Member

Photos: 239

Turbine Time - 1 Posted: Fri Jul 20, 2018 1:07 am     Views: 22      Rating: Not rated

Let's do something with a 6-stage vacuum motor. I've got some painting in the near future. :-)

It's amazing how little info there is on hvlp turbine units. Makers seem to have optimized guns to whatever stage motor was available at the time. For low powered machines, this has created the opposite universe of reducing/thinning paint before you can see the "normal" coating. Thinning/reducing is not a big deal but some paints do look better without modifiers.

I would prefer a turbine that's slightly overpowered and will allow full control of speed/pressure. That's the direction I'm going.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB