Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Turbine Time - 6
Photo link: Forum code:
Turbine Time - 6
Author Photo
Exaktaphile
Samba Member

Photos: 239

Turbine Time - 6 Posted: Sun Jul 29, 2018 9:14 pm     Views: 26      Rating: Not rated

Everyone says the air from turbines is "hot" or "warm". Nobody posts any temps for neophytes. No surprise that people are skittish about hvlp turbines when there's a lack of details. Most people considering a turbine unit kind of want to know exactitactly what to expect.

Out of curiosity, I ran the (6 stage) motor for 1/2 hour at high speed, with no air filter or hose. Nothing fancy, just holding a meat thermometer in the air stream. The temp (one inch from air hose fitting) went from an ambient 70f to 115f in a couple minutes and stayed there until I switched to the low speed whereupon the temp dropped to 105f. When I turned the variable speed all the way down the temp dropped to 90f on the low setting. There you have it - first time on the internet - temps off a turbine. lol Let's see how the numbers climb after I buy a hose/gun and have a pressurized system. hvlp

I attached the paper Claude's filter and ran the motor for a while. The temp went up 15 degrees so I need less restriction. A small K&N cone gives no temp increase.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB