Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Thing won't idle
Photo link: Forum code:
Thing won't idle
Author Photo
Hot Rod Harp
Samba Member

Photos: 156

Thing won't idle Posted: Sun Sep 09, 2018 12:39 pm     Views: 26      Rating: Not rated

Colin meets my 74 Thing, Had an appointment with Colin the travelling aircooled maintenance instructor to examine my bus steering and windshield wiper speed. The main issue was keeping the Thing running after the choke kicked off. Surgery on the carb found dirt in the bowl and a blocked pilot jet. I'm thankful Colin had gaskets and could reassemble. Being a Thing with a stock AM engine with a DVDA distributor it needed the retard vacuum line connected, glad he knew where it went. After his touch she idled real nice, but there is vac leak around the carb's throttle shaft bushings, so off to Volksbitz over the winter. I had converted to wide five disc front brakes and was unsure if the bearings where too tight or ok, again Colin showed me how to check. Like everything else in life it's easy when you know how.

Colin it is always a pleasure to be in your presence and learn new stuff. I'm glad you enjoyed are discussions, always trying to share the good news (Gospel).

Attached are some cell phone pics....

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.