Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

914 "Sportback", Lime Rock Park Connecticut 1978
Photo link: Forum code:
914 "Sportback", Lime Rock Park Connecticut 1978
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 382

914 "Sportback", Lime Rock Park Connecticut 1978 Posted: Wed Oct 31, 2018 5:25 pm     Views: 147      Rating: Not rated

Lime Rock Park race track was slightly less than 2 hours away. In '78 I drove there to watch one of the summer race sessions in my VW Dasher. The parking lot was always fun to walk through because most visitors were "car people" and there would be a big selection of modern imports or otherwise interesting vintage cars. I saw this modified 914 with a "sport roof" addition, and Western turbine-style rims. I wonder if the MA dealer plate was from Autodynamics, the dune buggy and Formula Vee builder out of Marblehead? I never saw another such conversion, and don't remember seeing it advertised in import magazines (e.g., "VW Greats").

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB