Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Gazelle
Photo link: Forum code:
Gazelle
Author Photo
karguy12
Samba Member

Photos: 117

Gazelle Posted: Sun Nov 11, 2018 4:09 pm     Views: 26      Rating: Not rated

While the grille fit pretty decent considering, the body had to be narrowed about 3/4 of an inch and the front of the car body cut back about 4 inches. I also cut relief cuts into the floor section in the nose so the body could be narrowed

I literally cut the nose off of the whole front body section. I reinstalled the front hood drip moldings. I used a long threaded rod to pull the two body sides narrower and then glassed the nose cap back in 4 inches farther back.

The original Mercedes grille actually worked perfectly by sitting it over the lip of the original from hood drip rail.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.