Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A little group in Mobile, AL who love VW's and having fun!!!
Photo link: Forum code:
A little group in Mobile, AL who love VW's and having fun!!!
Author Photo
SouthAlabamaBuggies
Samba Member

Photos: 21

A little group in Mobile, AL who love VW's and having fun!!! Posted: Fri Mar 29, 2019 10:48 am     Views: 129      Rating: Not rated

In the mid-1980s I was introduced to VW dune buggy's not long after I had started dating my wife of 30 years. When I was a kid my parents had a Mable Blue 1967 Beetle and then a Red Squareback... Yogi Everette helped me get my first buggy with a frame from the woods behind his house and with parts and advice for my first motor. Lee Sullivan and his dad helped me build my second motor and I had plenty of help from so many others along the way... We spent most of the late 80's and early 90's mud racing, trail riding and hill climbing. It was great family and friends fun down here in South Alabama. Over the years our interests wandered but VW's of all kinds have remained in our familes and in our hearts... Now we have all sorts of vehicles... Buggy's, Trikes, Beetles, Baja's, Mini-T's and there is always room for more... We run on unleaded and on propane... Sometimes the horsepower has hooves... We run street tires, tractor tires and sometimes with no tires, but we always have fun... ENJOY and PARTICIPATE!!!!

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.