Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 71 Super Vert Restoration
Photo link: Forum code:
My 71 Super Vert Restoration
Author Photo
My first beetle
Samba Member

Photos: 10

My 71 Super Vert Restoration Posted: Thu Apr 18, 2019 4:19 am     Views: 58      Rating: Not rated

Bought my first project car and I’m very excited to get started. For context I am a girl with little to no experience with auto work. This project is a huge undertaking for me and I have been reading online and in books for months on how to restore one. My mother owned a 68 Beetle before she had kids and she alway talked about how she loved that car. It’s been her dream to have one in the family again. Last year I converted my 1.5 car garage into a proper shop. Started collecting tools, epoxy coated the floors and added a bunch of storage. I put money into a jar and started looking for my car. A few weeks ago this beauty popped up on social media and I was in shock. The price was doable and it runs! The car is completely original with the exception of some replaced carpets. No major body damadge aside from some minor rust and some dings on the doors from other car doors hitting it. It had been garaged for its life aside from a few months when it was between garages.

The previous owner of the car even had the history of the cars ownership. Here’s her back story

. In 1971 the original owner bought the car for his son. His son was then sent to Vietnam and when he came back he was not the same (ptsd, drug addiction). His father needed a way to pay for treatment for his son so he sold the car as part of a barter/sale to the person I bought it from. The sale included some deck carpentry and a few $.

The car was then garaged and used as a fun Sunday driver until 2004 when it was taken off the road.

I’m really excited to start this project and get her back to its original factory. The Samba has been great for my research and I look forward to all of your advice and support.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.