Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

First fitment of China-repro 16" Pre-A wheels & knobbies...
Photo link: Forum code:
First fitment of China-repro 16" Pre-A wheels & knobbies...
Author Photo
Stock Steve
Samba Member

Photos: 2109

First fitment of China-repro 16" Pre-A wheels & knobbies... Posted: Tue May 14, 2019 9:18 am     Views: 94      Rating: Not rated

First attempted fitment of the red China-repro (not "Red-China repro," LOL) 16" Pre-A wheels and knobbies was Friday, May 10th, 2019. I wanted to try them out on the Creeky '69 Bug first, since I felt they kind of fit his gnarly character. I used some 4-to-5 bolt adapters at all four corners, and also had to use some 3/8" spacers at the front, to clear the disk brake calipers (the car has Karmann Ghia disk brakes in front fitted). These pictures are from first-bolt-on, in the garage, and then rolled outside for one quick shot with the '70 Bug nearby for comparison...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.