Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Photo link: Forum code:
Author Photo
notchboy
Samba Member

Photos: 13871

1970 Posted: Sat Jul 20, 2019 3:21 pm     Views: 249      Rating: Not rated

What do we see in the pic below? I see Frank and Geri, the gay couple that lived down the street from us. We were friends with them but never spoke about why two guys lived together or that they were even our friends. They were invited to bbq's, but us kids were never told why they were friendly with each other after a few drinks.

Mom is sobbing over in the chair because she has already drunk too much. She hates camping, absolutely despises the dirt and the bugs. She only did it because we children absolutely go bonkers at the mere mention of a tent! But she is a trooper that can only carry so much. Four bottles of wine too much. :P

Dad yelled at her because Geri pulled up with Frank to show the dead deer they bagged. He didn't want her to embarrass us. See how Geri casually show dad the loaded Remington?

Nevermind the boy who is freaked out a bit that Bambi is laying on Franks hood or that the girl stands there wondering why mommy has been acting sooo happy now she is very sad. That's right. Welcome to 1972.

We had no safe zone. We weren't allowed to say our friends were gay or that we even knew them. Everyone had a gun and everyone drank and smoked and were allowed to get away with actions that get you thrown in jail today. It was a real struggle y'all. But we somehow survived and raised you. The kinder, more self-aware youth that we complain about. :lol: :lol:

I am the first person to tell a complainer of today's youth, we raised them. :wink: I just thought some of you would see the humor in this pic below. It does tic a lot of boxes that I was exposed to in my youth.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.