Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Return to a stock single carb & air cleaner
Photo link: Forum code:
Return to a stock single carb & air cleaner
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 381

Return to a stock single carb & air cleaner Posted: Thu Aug 22, 2019 5:31 pm     Views: 31      Rating: Not rated

For a brief experiment, I removed the Kadrons from my '77 Std Beetle's 1600 dual-port. I had redone the intake manifold this spring, as well as an air cleaner I had since '92 that was from a '71. Carb is a German Solex 34-PICT 3. Distributor is DVDA with the retard circuit blocked, and paint detailed. Engine perimeter seal is the foam H profile from 70's Type 2 that is pressed into the gap. Exhaust is a single-tip EMPI painted with cast iron grey VHT high-temp spray paint. I needed a system other than a 1 3/8" header with a pipe that went under the stock apron, because the PO had filled in the dual outlets in the apron.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB