Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

More Type 3 in Pearson's Auto Wrecking, Mariposa CA 1995
Photo link: Forum code:
More Type 3 in Pearson's Auto Wrecking, Mariposa CA 1995
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 382

More Type 3 in Pearson's Auto Wrecking, Mariposa CA 1995 Posted: Mon Sep 02, 2019 8:17 pm     Views: 28      Rating: Not rated

Driving on CA highway 49 between Oakhurst and Mariposa (west of Yosemite) in the spring of 1995 I caught glimpses of old VWs through the trees to the west of the highway. Then lots of American old cars from the 50's and '60's. I turned into Pearson's main entrance and asked if I could take some photos of their classics, being from NY and usually only seeing much newer cars in our local yards which were much more severely rusted. Pearson's had 2 large groves of ACVW including Type 3s, numerous Beetles, even a Type 4. Other unusual cars were Renault Dauphine, 1950's Rover sedan, a few Borgward sedans and wagons, even a Crosley. Wonderful experience.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB