Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Winter project got out of control
Photo link: Forum code:
Winter project got out of control
Author Photo
chasbro
Samba Member

Photos: 41

Winter project got out of control Posted: Sun Sep 15, 2019 1:41 pm     Views: 55      Rating: Not rated

This is a follow up to my post from April 2019 titled My First VW and posted in the Beetle 1958 to 1967 Category. I went from one to eight in four months. The first one I bought was the light brown colored 1971 standard beetle. I call it the suitcase because it contains a 2180 and transmission with only 800 miles on them. It had been parked for 20 years. It now runs good but needs a lot of work. So I bought the 1972 and 1976 standards for parts. Then I found a complete 1966 to use the engine and trans in the original pan. The engine knocked. So, I bought the 1967 Baja so I would have something for the summer. and then came the 1976 sand rail followed closely by the black 1965 Dune Buggy. This is mainly an introduction to these vehicles. I will get into more detail as I start working on them. I currently have the (pretty much) complete 1966 in the shop. I will start with it first but in the 1958 to 1967 category. Work on the sand rail and dune buggy be here. I had to go back to work this summer to replenish my foxy pocket after this. Enjoy the pics. Charlie

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.