Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My bus in pieces at Transporterfest 2018
Photo link: Forum code:
My bus in pieces at Transporterfest 2018
Author Photo
lastchancevw
Samba Member

Photos: 225

My bus in pieces at Transporterfest 2018 Posted: Sat Oct 12, 2019 6:06 pm     Views: 62      Rating: Not rated
From the Transporterfest 2018 event

I got everything roadworthy (except it really wasn't) to get to Transporterfest that year, but the brakes were not happy, and worst of all, when I had worked on taking off one of the rear drums, somehow the wheel puller didn't pull the drum off, instead it pushed the inner bearing apart before pulling the drum off. which meant that even if you put it all back together, for some reason tightening it up didn't pull the bearing back to where it was supposed to be.

So this car show i had it apart seeing if the tech help on hand might offer some solutions.

In the end, I just searched through some boxes, and found an entire spindle(?) stub axle thingamajig all together and I just replaced that whole piece as a unit.

I brought a folding bike with me in case for some reason, I broke down and had to get anywhere in a pinch..

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.