Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1973 Super Beetle
Photo link: Forum code:
1973 Super Beetle
Author Photo
FLynes
Samba Member

Photos: 20

1973 Super Beetle Posted: Tue Nov 26, 2019 1:35 pm     Views: 66      Rating: Not rated

The engine rebuilt, with all of the missing tins and thermostatic controls replaced. We even found a NOS thermostat in our hunt. The silver hoses will have to do for now, but they are getting replaced with black. The seller from whom I bought those hoses had pictures of black hoses. He was gracious enough to refund my money and let me keep the hoses. We also scored a correct model number carburetor, which I had professionally rebuilt by a guy recommended on this site, as well as the correct model number distributor that was matched to the carb. The only problem with the distributor was that the DVDA can didn't work, so the hunt began. Again, we got lucky and found a NOS can that works. We also found two NOS coils that were built in Spain; one will be a backup, in case the other fails. I paid a pretty penny for the dizzy can and the coils, but that's the cost of originality and unscrewing P.O. screw-ups.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.