Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Early '60's Beetle in "My Three Sons" (1971)
Photo link: Forum code:
Early '60's Beetle in "My Three Sons" (1971)
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 4423

Early '60's Beetle in "My Three Sons" (1971) Posted: Mon Dec 16, 2019 7:00 am     Views: 56      Rating: Not rated

Episode named "Debbie", a college freshman named Debbie (Brooke Bundy) puts a large dent into the upper portion of the left rear fender on her '62-'64 Beetle in the parking lot against the car driven by the Douglas' youngest son Ernie (Barry Livingston). She sweet-talks him and his family to fix the car for free. I could not see if the car already had the wide license plate light (1964), but it clearly had the '62-on larger taillamp, the vertical vent wing post and smaller windows up thru the '64 model year. Mr. Douglas (Fred MacMurray) pounds the dent out on his front lawn while Chip and Uncle Charley (William Demarest) assist. Final shot shows Chip holding a heat lamp against the freshly painted and remounted fender. Uncle Charley's hand is blue from paint overspray.

Note the "Cal-Look" trimless window rubber, the rear fender gravel guard, and the 10-slot beauty rings. Car was originally painted a light color (L87 Pearl White?) as seen by the front hood hinge and the exposed taillamp space. SoCal car was solid enough to use factory jack.

MeTV channel; show was on while I was waking up on a day off so that I missed the first few minutes.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.