Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1.5" Heaterbox
Photo link: Forum code:
1.5" Heaterbox
Author Photo
Daddybus
Samba Member

Photos: 312

1.5" Heaterbox Posted: Sat Jan 04, 2020 11:12 pm     Views: 55      Rating: Not rated

I had a set of Gene Berg 1.5" high performance heaterboxes ( a 1.5" J-tube stuffed inside a heaterbox shell...no heat sink. When I ran them in the daddybus cold air would rush in and chill the bus until the motor heated up. Once the motor warmed up they produced almost enough heat to return the bus to the same temperature as I started. So 10 years ago I decides to open up the heaterboxes and add heat sinks. As the project stalled, I switched from an A-1 sidewinder header to a stainless Vintage Speed exhaust. If you run a Vintage Speed exhaust, then you know that they get quite hot. So I ordered a matching set of their stainless J-tubes and swapped it into the Berg boxes. I added some thin-walled stainless tubing to make a heat sink. BBQ paint ended the day. One down, one more to go (tomorrow's project.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.