Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1966 Volkswagen Notchback
Photo link: Forum code:
1966 Volkswagen Notchback
Author Photo
jackswasted

Photos: 102

1966 Volkswagen Notchback Posted: Wed Jan 08, 2020 1:53 pm     Views: 100      Rating: Not rated

Bought this Notch from a cool dude down in LA. Not an easy story however, as I live 3 hours north up the 99. I made the deal over instagram, jumped on a train then a bus totaling a 6 hour trip, just to hop in the seat of this hoopty and driving home over the Grapevine in the middle of January with an old ass Type III VW ready to fall apart powered by a Type I engine. But, I made it home, and after 8 months of working on him when I could I got Milky aka Whitey aka Casper.

I drove Whitey while rebuilding him and had a lot of fun with the car. It was definitely unique and fun, but after a year I thought it was time for another project. A nice fella in the 209 swooped on him and kept the patina look. Cheers.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.