Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Patina problems
Photo link: Forum code:
Patina problems
Author Photo
BarrieLynn
Samba Member

Photos: 67

Patina problems Posted: Tue Apr 14, 2020 8:55 am     Views: 113      Rating: Not rated

Turns out this 59DD walk thru camper conversion did at one point have a logo, which was sanded off before the vehicle was resprayed presumably in 1962 when the camper conversion was done and the side windows were added. Prior owner removed respray to reveal beautiful OG SWR paint, but he also uncovered the identical areas on each side of the bus where the old logo had been sanded off. He covered those spots with a spray can of SWR. Now I am trying to decide whether or not to blend the touch up paint with the OG paint by polishing the oxidized paint to match (it does match up nicely), or if I should remove the spray can touch up spots to reveal the sanded logo areas for a unique patina that tells the story of the bus's life. I fully removed one touch up spot and have partially removed two others. I'm on the fence. The roof has no primer left, just rusted bare metal with some specks of SWR. It has now been smoothed out and wiped down with boiled linseed oil.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.