Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

1982 vanagon 2.0 air-cooled won’t start, New Starter, Weber Carburetor, bad wire harness, fuel pump, new spark plugs
Photo link: Forum code:
1982 vanagon 2.0 air-cooled won’t start, New Starter, Weber Carburetor, bad wire harness, fuel pump, new spark plugs
Author Photo
JakeWyskochil

Photos: 7

1982 vanagon 2.0 air-cooled won’t start, New Starter, Weber Carburetor, bad wire harness, fuel pump, new spark plugs Posted: Sun Apr 26, 2020 9:34 am     Views: 14      Rating: Not rated

We got this van less than a year ago with supposedly 1,000 miles on a new engine. The guy we got it from in Kingman AZ did one awful job refurbishing it. the trip from there to Michigan was hell, here’s why: Within an hour after we got it, the throttle spring fell off. With a bunch of other issues not very engine related, we made it back to Michigan. It sat for a long time in the snow while started it up every couple days or so. Now, in the spring, it won’t start up anymore. Here’s what I have found that is wrong with this vehicle

-Fuel pump comes before the fuel filter in the line(should be the opposite.

- there was only one vacuum hose going to the carburetor from the distributor(so I connected the two male points together, is that good? See in picture)

- ignition harness aka hall generator, distributor, starter coil, ignition regulator harness) looks corroded

- yellow air filter hose is internally gunky, so is the part the reads C V042748

-spark plugs are pushed in but very wobbly

Now all of these problems were happening while the van was running, but I believe they all were making the engine wear worse and it has reached its limit. BUT PLEASE LET ME KNOW WHAT ELSE I CAN DO! Please ask me questions about anything that might help.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.