Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

A size of Thule cross load bars and gutter feet that are too low for a T1
Photo link: Forum code:
A size of Thule cross load bars and gutter feet that are too low for a T1
Author Photo
DadaCheese
Samba Member

Photos: 10573

A size of Thule cross load bars and gutter feet that are too low for a T1 Posted: Thu Jun 18, 2020 12:26 pm     Views: 11      Rating: Not rated

Regretfully what I had hope would fit, does not fit on my 1967 Split Bus,

Thule High Foot 387 along with a pair of: LB50 Thule Load Bar 50" (the square type).
Unfortunately the fit is just TOO close to the roof.
In these pictures, I don't have the the gutter feet fully tightened; if I did, the bar actually WOULD rest against the crown of the roof, unlike the dime-thin gap pictured in these.
Also, the 50" bars are NOT quite long enough to be fully encased on both sides of the bus in the gutter mounts.

Thule DOES make one foot pack that IS higher, it's called the "Super High Gutter Foot Pack 953" I think it is about 3" higher and would work on a T1 split bus.

View user's profile Send private message Visit poster's website Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.