Joined: June 02, 2004
Location: Pearl River, NY
|Type 3s in "What's Up, Doc?" (1972)
Posted: Tue Jan 12, 2021 7:01 pm Views: 10
Rating: Not rated
|Movie filmed in San Francisco, California. I spotted a handful more Type 3's in the background while Howard Bannister and Judy Maxwell (Ryan O'Neal, Barbra Streisand) were driving the blue '68 Beetle in the main chase segment.
1. Beige Fastback to the left.
2. White Notchback to the right. This is a different one than the one seen early in the movie (per another photo of mine in tS Gallery) because this one has whitewall tires. As a huge bonus, there's a light blue Fastback directly behind this Notch!
3. Light blue Fastback parked directly behind the Notch in #2.
4. Light blue Fastback way up the hill on the right. Is that a red Fastback farther down?
5. White '68/'69 Squareback (headrests) on right, first as Bannister passes it while driving the '68 Beetle, then when Mr. Smith in the taxi (Michael Murphy, Jerry Summers) pass by immediately behind Bannister. Shots 2-5 are all on the last street before the chase line cars all dive into San Francisco Bay.