Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Photo link: Forum code:
Author Photo
david ward

Photos: 1

Posted: Sun Jan 28, 2001 1:36 am     Views: 2214      Rating: Not rated

Here is a shot of the back of my '63 Single Cab with my "tester" engine installed. Sorry, but I could not find a side shot to send in.

I bought this truck in May of 2000 and have put a lot of time and effort into bringing it to its present state. The truck has many SWF German parts, Porsche 356 Speeder rims (chromed), new Dunlop tires and other improvements. I replaced the trans with a new unit I rebuilt with welded syncro hubs, HD keys, Super Diff, Berg Poor Man's Posi, HD side cover and stock ratios. I removed the 1600 DP stocker that the truck came with and replaced it with an engine I built as a "tester" to get my mind back into the swing of things (it had been 14 years since I last built a VW engine). Its a 1641cc unit sporting a CW Demello 69mm crank, 8-dowelled 12 lbs flywheel, 87mm Mahle Forged Pistons, Engle 120 cam with 1.25 ratio rockers (294* x .492"), my own ported and polished DP heads, 8.0 to 1 compression, dual valve springs, chromoly push rods, an old Berg 1 5/8" Merged header that I had ceramic coated, my own custom made 2" Flowmaster muffer set up, and its all topped off with a set of genuine Weber 48 IDA's. The truck scoots pretty well!

Future plans call for an IRS conversion for the trans, a bigger 2007cc engine with welded 42x37.5 heads, 10 to 1 compression, the 48 IDA's pictured, and an Engle FK8 or FK10 cam with Magnum Straight Cut gears. I'd love to have this single cab run a solid low 14 second 1/4 mile or even a high 13 second run!!!

This truck keeps company with my '62 Beetle (street/strip) that is currently under construction. Its all for speed with a 2276cc engine with 48 IDA's, FK89 cam, welded Jeff Denham 46 x 38 heads, Dave Folts trans, etc. I'm hoping to run 11's with it.

Thanks for letting me share my truck with you.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.