Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

One piece at a time.
Photo link: Forum code:
One piece at a time.
Author Photo
Pez
Samba Member

Photos: 171

One piece at a time. Posted: Wed Apr 21, 2021 7:46 pm     Views: 10      Rating: Not rated

One piece at a time, Mr Wayne Kemp didn't particularly have an old Volkswagen in mind when he wrote the iconic song "One piece at a time". But if his song doesn't perfectly describe what unintentionally happened with this project then none other comes close. This car was bought with the original intention to cut up and Baja it. Yet despite the whiskey dents galore I found it too straight to cut up and changed plans. That's where 20 some odd years of VW parts following me around came to prove the wife I was right, that yes "Honey I may use that some day!". Well use they got, putting this poor forgotten car back on the road. A short list of accumulated parts are decklid from my first car from many moons ago, free rear fenders given to me by a local VW friend, front fender pulled off a fence post in Texas, the other pulled out of a warehouse in Georgia. Working factory radio from my now dead Super, hand painted shift knob, pained by yours truly long before I was ever legal to drive and a whole lot more. Will be a build thread very soon to cover most of the build and story to go with.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.