Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

More pictures and background on the 5x205 racing wheels from Sam Ryan
Photo link: Forum code:
More pictures and background on the 5x205 racing wheels from Sam Ryan
Author Photo
Stock Steve
Samba Member

Photos: 2109

More pictures and background on the 5x205 racing wheels from Sam Ryan Posted: Thu Jun 17, 2021 4:55 am     Views: 71      Rating: Not rated

Here are more pictures, and a little bit more background info on the 14x5, 5x205 "Diamond Racing" wheels that I purchased on 6/10/2021, from Formula Vee racer Sam Ryan, who is based in Pennsylvania. I spent some time on Saturday, June 12th, when I got the wheels back home, to do a few things. First, I had some of those el-cheapo "Taiwan Special" center caps that I had bought a while ago, that I realized did NOT work with stock VW or Porsche 5x205 wheels--I pulled them out again and they DID work with these! Score! Secondly, I got some advice about how to remove stick-on wheel weights nondestructively, using a heat gun and a plastic scraper tool. Final clean-up was done with "Goo-Gone" (adhesive residue cleaning product). Just waiting on some tires now, before I can get to putting them onto my '60 Bug! Thanks again Sam Ryan!

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.