Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

More Beetles and Type 2 in "The French Connection" (1971)
Photo link: Forum code:
More Beetles and Type 2 in "The French Connection" (1971)
Author Photo
Rome
Samba Member

Photos: 4374

More Beetles and Type 2 in "The French Connection" (1971) Posted: Sat Jun 19, 2021 6:26 am     Views: 82      Rating: Not rated

Many VWs are seen in this famous movie. In addition to those already in my gallery, in the chase segment where New York City Detective "Popeye" Doyle (Gene Hackman) commandeers a '71 Pontiac Lemans to follow his assassin fleeing in the elevated train ("el") in Brooklyn, there are:
1. Beetle parked in distance in the zoom shot of Doyle driving the Pontiac directly beneath the el.
2. Red '66 Beetle driving on 86th St. under the el. This is a different shot of probably the same '66 at a different location to the shot already in my gallery.
3. Green Splittie parked on side street.
4, 5. Blue Splittie Deluxe in background as Doyle sideswipe crashes into a wall. He passes by it, then turns left. Just after he passes it, you can see a dark green late Beetle and an orange ~'70 Squareback parked behind the Bus. Since the camera is panning with the Pontiac, those VWs are too blurred for a screen shot. I wonder if this is the same Bus seen at the very end of the chase sequence where Doyle finally shoots the assassin (gallery photos of EverettB and me) at the steps of the el platform?
6. Blue Bay panel van parked on 86th St.
7. Arizona Yellow or Savannah Beige Bay window Deluxe parked on 86th St.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.