Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Chrome smoothies--still smooth, but no longer chrome...
Photo link: Forum code:
Chrome smoothies--still smooth, but no longer chrome...
Author Photo
Stock Steve
Samba Member

Photos: 1659

Chrome smoothies--still smooth, but no longer chrome... Posted: Thu Sep 15, 2005 9:45 am     Views: 840      Rating: Not rated

Ok, I have to admit these are the Passat wheels, but since you were given some background already about them, as part of this overall wheels refinishing project (including the chrome smoothie Bug wheels), I figured I'd post this picture. The tires are 195/60R14 "Fuzion" brand (apparently a Bridgestone/Firestone sub-brand, aimed at the "sport compact" crowd), and yes, those are 14" port-a-walls too!

I've also noticed that the chrome lug bolts that I use when running the Sprint Star wheels on my 1960 Bug, will work directly on the Passat, so I've odered a dedicated set of chrome lug bolts just for the Passat. I will not be running any hub caps.

How's that for bucking the trend of "big pimpin'" alloy wheels for watercooled VWs?

Anyway, once the tires for the Bug rims arrive (they're back-ordered from Tire Rack), I'll be sure to post another update or two...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2018, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB