Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Ultimate clock collection porsche 356, barndoor & split bug rare.
Photo link: Forum code:
Author Photo
=Petri Nut*1=
Samba Member

Photos: 173

Ultimate clock collection porsche 356, barndoor & split bug rare. Posted: Wed Aug 16, 2006 11:20 am     Views: 470      Rating: Not rated

Today I finally recieved the package I had been waiting for since spring 06. It contained 2 of the rarest clocks we have ever had in our accessory collection.

*1: VDO strictly NOS 8 day brown face glovebox clock for split bugs. ( this clock may not be the most rare vw clock, but since it is nos I consider it one of my best & rarest pcs's. )

*2: To be said among porsche 356 & vw accessory collectors, the only known in existence => 1'st edition STRICTLY NOS rarest of the ultra rare 49-53 horn push clock for porsche 356 and vw split bug, model Köhler ( Köhler was a known company who manufactured wind up clocks for porsche 356 and early vw's untill 1955 ).

Both clocks was purchased from a modest and unknown European porsche collector who have had and has one of the best and most complete accessory collections around the world.

I have known the whereabouts on these clocks for many years know, but have'nt had the opportunity to purchase them before this spring, since the owner did not live in the country in which the clocks where located, I could'nt get them before today.

Some might be curious about the price, and all I can tell is they where spicy, a couple of 1000$ did'nt get em for me, they where some more ;).

On the pictures you will also see the kienzle ashtray clock and the vdo mirror clock ( you might have seen them before ).

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.