Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Back to basics: front end lubrication XI
Photo link: Forum code:
Back to basics: front end lubrication XI
Author Photo
steponmebbbboom
Samba Member

Photos: 259

Back to basics: front end lubrication XI Posted: Fri Jan 26, 2007 4:45 pm     Views: 827      Rating: Not rated

as a final flourish you may wish to protect the zerks from road dirt and salt, and for this task i recommend these rubber caps, which are factory supplied on all spicer/dana drive/steer axles used on heavy equipment, and which are available from any dana driveline component distributor. check the yellow pages under truck and look for the dana logo. these caps are made of a high quality rubber that does not dry out and crack.

more commonly found are the yellow or red plastic caps with retaining ring available from most industrial fastener distributors, which i find to be of lesser quality and dont stay in place as well due to cracking with age and from cold weather. they are better than nothing i suppose.

thats it, thats all.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.