Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My 2nd Ghia project
Photo link: Forum code:
My 2nd Ghia project
Author Photo
eviloval
Samba Member

Photos: 64

My 2nd Ghia project Posted: Sat Aug 04, 2007 7:44 pm     Views: 847      Rating: Not rated

Got this 70 as a parts car for $500 to feed my 69's lust for parts. After looking at the pan and body I figured it was too good of a car to cut-up....so....I put an ad up on thesamba looking to trade this car for a later super since I really didn't want to restore/rework another ghia. Well after blowing some dust off things and digging into the car it turned out to be an old EMPI GTV car with a few of its original parts intact (gauges, rear sway, shifter and oil pump/filter combo). Fortunately my trade ad didn't have any decent hits....so it became a keeper. Anyways, the car has a stock beam, 2-1/2" dropped spindles, just added the empi 8's today, stock 1600 with nothing special, I redid the wiring (now everything works....it was an absolute mess originally) and fixed the doors so they close perfectly. While there are a few quirks left to fix (dead ball joints and a lousy interior) I've only sunk $900 into it so far (including the car's original price.....its a driver). Once everything is fixed I'll be installing my 17x7 911 rims on this car (from my 69....which will be using another set I have laying around) and maybe a repaint. But, for now it'll stay like this so that I can take out the little gremlins it still has.

And the EMPI parts that I took off the car. Those will be cleaned up and/or restored and will be used on my 69 when its finished.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.