Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Bus wing window latch replacement
Photo link: Forum code:
Bus wing window latch replacement
Author Photo
EverettB Premium Member
Administrator

Photos: 30943

Bus wing window latch replacement Posted: Thu Apr 24, 2008 4:51 pm     Views: 1963      Rating: Not rated

Pry out the old glass from the top using a flat head screwdriver. Note this works only with Sekurit glass. Sigla glass will crack. I pry just a little to loosen things up and get the glass to come out a just a little, then pull the glass out with my hand.

If you have Sigla glass, I have had success using a pair of vice grips to pull the glass straight out. Don't overtighten the vice grips and use some thick rubber or something else to protect the glass.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Visit poster's website Facebook Instagram Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.