Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

BURNING BENICIA BUS
Photo link: Forum code:
BURNING BENICIA BUS
Author Photo
benardo

Photos: 2

BURNING BENICIA BUS Posted: Thu Jul 05, 2001 1:27 am     Views: 2209      Rating: Not rated

BURNING BENICIA BUS
I know you all heard it before...Carry a fire extinguisher! As I was driving home from work today I noticed a fellow bus owner I sometimes see, who lives a few towns away. Except this time she was "standing" in back of her bus. I turned mine around to see what was going on. As I made it over to her she started off again... Thinking all may not be well, I followed here for about 50 ft and then...SMOKE and FLAMES shot out the rear! After lots of manic BEEPING the horn and FLASHING the lights she pulled over. No time to say hi. She popped out w/tool in hand and flung open the lid. At the same time I grabbed the extinguisher from behind my front seat... shot that white spray in there and the flames were out....whoops...OK...now there OUT. Well now we both have another weird bus karma kind of story to tell our friends After a call to our mechanic (we found out we both go to the same guy) we found out that the little gas inlet thing to the carb sometimes just pops out! And then you have GAS shooting all over the place. SO make sure that gets in there good! Some type of epoxy should do the trick but I'm adding some bailing wire too just in case.
P.S. She and I both had charged fire extinguishers ready to go. Just replace these things every six months...I don't trust 'em: I carry two of them...but that's another story.
-David

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail AIM Address Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.