Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Unknown 36hp Rocker Arms
Photo link: Forum code:
Unknown 36hp Rocker Arms
Author Photo
hazetguy
Samba Member

Photos: 6033

Unknown 36hp Rocker Arms Posted: Thu Mar 04, 2004 7:07 pm     Views: 809      Rating: Not rated

Here's a bette pic of the unknown 36hp rocker arms I have. I cleaned them up, and they look nice. They are for 36hp, as that's what rocker shafts they were on, and they do not fit on later rocker shafts.
The 4 on the top show all 4 sides of them. There is one (only) that has the "cap" for the pushrod peened into it. Maybe it fell out at one point? Don't know.
The only info I can find that shows anything remotely similar is from the Petersen's "Complete Volkswagen Book", and says they were made by or for a company called IECO. Never heard of them.
They do weigh 1/2 the weight of a stock rocker arm. Stock 36hp steel ones weigh 2.8oz each, while these weigh 1.4oz each. 36hp POWER!! Ha Ha.
Aynone have any other info about these?

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB