Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Meyers Manx Kick Out SS.
Photo link: Forum code:
Meyers Manx Kick Out SS.
Author Photo
wkarnes
Samba Member

Photos: 6

Meyers Manx Kick Out SS. Posted: Sun May 22, 2011 11:16 am     Views: 668      Rating: Not rated

Bruce Meyers and friends in driveway, fall 2010. I did not trust myself to rebuild the Dyno Soar 2332 cc engine. Blue, Mike M and, Dave Williams at Peninsula Automotive in Campbell, Ca, rebuilt the engine. My friend, Mike Moreci rebuilt and set the carbs. Other than the engine and shortening the pan, SS was put together in my garage and on the driveway. It took a while as I test fit, adjust, modify things. If it probably won't fit, I try to find a way. Once things are together, i find a better way and take things apart again. Bruce and Winnie came by to check my progress and visit for a while. I was showing Bruce what I had finished and what I was going to take apart and redo. He tells me," Looks fine to me. Wayne, you are never going to finish this if you keep taking it apart." This is the 1st Meyers Manx Kick Out SS ( proto type is with Denmat ). Took it to Bruce's Birthday Bash. Drove it to Kelley Park. I am getting ready to take it apart again, want to make some changes and improvements, move something a quarter of an inch, replace that with this. Better parts, better ideas, better ways to do it. Some day, might finish it. Have to tell you, the bank and credit card company love me.

View user's profile Send private message Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.