Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

ProBal 2000 Dynamic Balancer -NSR
Photo link: Forum code:
ProBal 2000 Dynamic Balancer -NSR
Author Photo
nsracing
Samba Member

Photos: 332

ProBal 2000 Dynamic Balancer -NSR Posted: Sun Sep 02, 2012 6:24 am     Views: 527      Rating: Not rated

It is shown here w/ full calibration I am doing w/ it. The calibration tool has 18.5 grams in each wheel and the machine is picking it up -see windows. This balancer uses a photo-eye to track the movement of the wheel. It gives the amount of unbalances and position in degrees based on the reflective media at 12'0clock (zero degrees). I do all balance jobs w/ this machine exclusively, and I love using it. I still have my Stewart Warner 2000s though. I am also in the process of mounting the dedicated drillhead for this ProBal SWH 2000.

Most stock cranks will be 0.5 ounce inches or worse from factory. Stock flywheels are way out of balance. Pressure plates can be out 25 grams!! These factory tolerances are just way much for smooth running and HP. The unbalance tolerances need to be DOWN to increase performance. It is an expense to do dynamic balancing but well worth it for the life and increase in performance of your engine.

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.