Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

My ride
Photo link: Forum code:
My ride
Author Photo
John M
Samba Member

Photos: 21

My ride Posted: Sun Oct 21, 2012 8:41 pm     Views: 778      Rating: Not rated

My first long over due post. Purchased this car back in 2009 from Wayne Carini of "Chasing Classic Cars" fame. It came with a 3/55 stock 36hp and a 8/56 split case tranny.

What research I've done on this site and other tells me it was restored by "EnzoRocks", a Samba member and completed back in 2006. It was painted Reed Green (L313) by Enzo and has held up really well.

It needed nothing other than a new master brake cylinder and a shift lever spring. Not one who can leave anything alone, I got in touch with Joe "Mr. Okrasa" Ruiz to build me a 1300 OKRASA motor and tranny. Wanting to save what might be the original motor and obtain a 55 model year tranny, just seemed to be the right thing to do. Joe used one of his NOS un-numbered cases and found a 7/55 split case to match.

The only other thing I've done to it, other than drive it on nice days and to and from shows, is add some period correct accessories. (tach., oil temp gauge, ect.) And, put 356 B brakes on all four corners that were restored by Bill Brown.

It has done really well at the regional VW shows here in the northwest and even gets awards at other hot rod or vintage shows.

EnzoRocks.. If you're still out there, PM me. I'd love to get any information you have on this car.

Enjoy...

View user's profile Send private message Send e-mail Gallery Classifieds Share: Facebook Twitter
All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2023, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB
Links to eBay or other vendor sites may be affiliate links where the site receives compensation.