Hello! Log in or Register   |  Help  |  Donate  |  Buy Shirts  See all banner ads | Advertise on TheSamba.com  
TheSamba.com

Search found 2 matches
If you want to link to a search on Kept2012, use:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Kept2012
If you prefer the summary view, use:
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/forum/album_search.php?search_author=Kept2012&show_results=summary
Gallery Index
Search Results
62 bug convertible restoration
Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:16 am
Size: 1600x1542   Views: 39
Rating: Not rated
Kept2012
Mt first car, rebuilt by my dad and I while I was in H/S, completed 1977. I drove it like an 18 year old kid for six years from NC to Texas, all over the south east until the top wood fell apart.

View other images:
From Kept2012 Rows Grid   
In 58-63 Bug - Ragtop

Forum code:

Posted: Sat Jun 20, 2020 11:16 am
Size: 1600x900   Views: 30
Rating: Not rated
Kept2012
Some of the upgrades I'm contemplating is dual one barrels on the stock 1600 motor, an alternator and air conditioning. Has anyone done it on an early convertible? Is it actually possible? What issues did you run into? I'm not building a show car but I do want a nice daily driver.
I figure when it's done it can be the sequel to the boat restoration book I'll write someday. Since the first will be titled "How to spend $15,000 to have a really nice $5,000 boat" , I figure this can be "How to spend the cost of a new car rebuilding your first car."

View other images:
From Kept2012 Rows Grid   
In 58-63 Bug - Ragtop

Forum code:

All times are Mountain Standard Time/Pacific Daylight Savings Time
Page 1 of 1

About | Help! | Advertise | Donate | Premium Membership | Privacy/Terms of Use | Contact Us | Site Map
Copyright © 1996-2020, Everett Barnes. All Rights Reserved.
Not affiliated with or sponsored by Volkswagen of America | Forum powered by phpBB