TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: how to remove dash gauges
darrragh Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:21 pm

hi i was wondering how to remove the dash cluster gauges to acess the brake resivor
i think there are four screws but where are they any help would be great

managed to fix my wipers and starter today so thanks for the help with that

peace darragh

mightyart Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:32 pm

The Four screws are it. unplug switches, take out screws, unplug big plug behind the tach, undo speedometer and remove. I think that's it, look for plugs I may have forgotten.

darrragh Tue Feb 15, 2005 3:45 pm

i dont know where the screws are
will i see them when i am at the van is it obvious

Tram Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:07 pm

To get to the brake reservoir, all you have to do is remove the clustre COVER. Look thru the windshield and you'll see two rectangular indents where the clustre top meets the dash at the front. With both hands, pull up and back (towards you) at those indents and it'll pop off. It just snaps back on after you fill the reservoir.

earthmuffin Tue Feb 15, 2005 5:39 pm

[email protected] wrote: To get to the brake reservoir, all you have to do is remove the clustre COVER. Look thru the windshield and you'll see two rectangular indents where the clustre top meets the dash at the front. With both hands, pull up and back (towards you) at those indents and it'll pop off. It just snaps back on after you fill the reservoir.

Yes, and this can be accomplished while driving if your speedo cable falls off the speedometer and you don't want to get out cause its cold. :shock:
Just wait for a straight stretch and have your sexy assistant hold your hot cup of coffee !!! :D

darrragh Wed Feb 16, 2005 3:49 am

great i am going out now to swing out of my dash and see what happens
i dont drink coffe so my sexy assistant will have to hold something else
like coco