TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: early bus centre brake light.
krusher Mon Mar 21, 2005 2:43 pm

Was looking at my centre brake light bulb holder and reflector, and its rusted out.
Question is: Can I use a reverse light reflector from a 67 etc, or does anyone make a good brake light reflector/bulbholder re-pro?
:?
Oh and my brake light glass is orange, its a dutch bus, anybody know about this?

Rusting Hulk Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:41 pm

Kieth,i got a guy up in Sheffield to make a new 'bowl' for mine and he soldered it into the original,shinny as f--k. I think it was about £40 though. But i couldnt see another way around it,unless you find a nos one. Let me know if you need the address.
SIMON

krusher Mon Mar 21, 2005 3:49 pm

One of you guys has to have some sort of answer for me on this one? :?

ToolBox Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:13 pm

krusher wrote: Was looking at my centre brake light bulb holder and reflector, and its rusted out.
Question is: Can I use a reverse light reflector from a 67 etc, or does anyone make a good brake light reflector/bulbholder re-pro?
:?
Oh and my brake light glass is orange, its a dutch bus, anybody know about this?

Yes the reverse light housing will work but you need to fab a mount for the number plate light. I found housing that was used on 356's that has a space for a smaller bulb in addition to the brake light, I will use this for an additional running light.

Not correct but it works.