TheSamba.com Forums

View original topic: My new bus (subhatch) THANX RESTO JOHNNY! Page: 1, 2  Next
Erik G Mon Mar 21, 2005 7:17 pm

Resto Johnny is a cool muther fucker. At a show a couple weeks ago, he told a friend and I about a bus in our own backyard that we diddn't know about. Told us right where to find it, a rough price, etc. Well, today we went to seal the deal, got a cool ass bus for a decent price. You do still find them out there, especially with guys like Johnny sharing the knowledge. Hope I can return the favor some day, and I hope dude honers the deal on this 55, he should do the right thing and listen to his concience.........

anyone have a subhatch or bumpers??

my new 64 subhatch westy

Yustrn Mon Mar 21, 2005 8:52 pm

Yeah he's a cool cat for a short guy. :wink:

Skim Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:05 pm

Hows the cargo floor on that bus? Looks straight as hell. Man yustrn's yard must be straight up stocked with busses.

Yustrn Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:34 pm

Skim wrote: Hows the cargo floor on that bus? Looks straight as hell. Man yustrn's yard must be straight up stocked with busses.

What buses? No buses here. LMAO

You see 3, but which one's don't you see. Whoever guesses the right number get's a free JHC sticker.

Lind Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:42 pm

Yustrn wrote: Skim wrote: Hows the cargo floor on that bus? Looks straight as hell. Man yustrn's yard must be straight up stocked with busses.

What buses? No buses here. LMAO

You see 3, but which one's don't you see. Whoever guesses the right number get's a free JHC sticker.

I'm guessing two of them are out of view of the camera.

Barndoor Mafia Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:48 pm

Cool Erik............Props to Resto Johnny. Cuz most guys are all about the profit! Hope you guys roll down in your buses in June. Cuz you know who in San Deigo won't!

I am gonna take a stab..................4 buses??? And don't forget the RADILLAC!!!

Erik G Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:49 pm

Skim wrote: Hows the cargo floor on that bus? Looks straight as hell. Man yustrn's yard must be straight up stocked with busses.

I havent pulled whatever it is on the floor yet, I shit you not I killed a combination platter of 15 spiders (black widows and brown recluse) just changing one tire to get in on the trailer. I did look under it, all the rockers, outrigers, frame etc is rust free, the floor looks rust free from below, the front floor is very clean. It is straight as fuck, a couple minor dents and dings but nothing major. Just that surface rust all over the og paint. and the beat down interior. it does have a clean dash and a locking steering column with the keys............ I haven't had a bus for a year so I'm happy.

langsmer Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:50 pm

I say three. Cant you see one through the back window of the red panel on the second pic?

Barndoor Mafia Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:54 pm

Erik G wrote: Skim wrote: Hows the cargo floor on that bus? Looks straight as hell. Man yustrn's yard must be straight up stocked with busses.

I havent pulled whatever it is on the floor yet, I shit you not I killed a combination platter of 15 spiders (black widows and brown recluse) just changing one tire to get in on the trailer. I did look under it, all the rockers, outrigers, frame etc is rust free, the floor looks rust free from below, the front floor is very clean. It is straight as fuck, a couple minor dents and dings but nothing major. Just that surface rust all over the og paint. and the beat down interior. it does have a clean dash and a locking steering column with the keys............ I haven't had a bus for a year so I'm happy.

Rub that og paint out Erik. They look bad ass like that! People here will give you all the advise you need. Now when you come down you can get all faded and pass out inside your bus.

Yustrn Mon Mar 21, 2005 9:57 pm

Hey Barndoor Mafia,

Let the family know the JHC is in the hunt for a flip top for the bus.

TimB Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:01 pm

I think NCN has a bus that isn't seen and possibliy one more. BTW look at how the JHC is all into buses now. :wink:

Erik G Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:05 pm

sunroof notchbacks last year, busses this year. what's next, who knows, but I've always been into busses, who dosent want a bus?

and yes, I need a subhatch!!!!!

Yustrn Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:19 pm

opensunroof wrote: I think NCN has a bus that isn't seen and possibliy one more. BTW look at how the JHC is all into buses now. :wink:

tsk tsk my brother, this use to be my DAILY driver from way back 10 pages on my YUSTRN gallery search by submitter.

Barndoor Mafia Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:34 pm

You guys need to get a hold of Greg Noble or Lind Bjorsen........the Westfalia Connection. If those guys don't have one ??? They can guide you where to get one. Or call SMALL CARS in Hesperia. Ask for Little Chris. They should have one? Or if not, place wanted ad or just keep asking. Someone will come up with one.

Laydo

NorCalNick Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:36 pm

opensunroof wrote: I think NCN has a bus that isn't seen and possibliy one more. BTW look at how the JHC is all into buses now. :wink:

I have been into busses since day one, How you like that 64 panel AKA "Nasty Red" i just picked up? if its not raining tomorrow i have some buffing and oven cleaner to be doing. I will post pics soon.

15 windowdelux Mon Mar 21, 2005 10:50 pm

Erik G where are you located? I know of a subhatch in a junk yard in Kansas, I hope to be that way next week and I could check to see if its still there. Are you needing hard ware also? Whats the going rate for one? Any ideas?

Erik G Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:06 pm

15 windowdelux wrote: Erik G where are you located? I know of a subhatch in a junk yard in Kansas, I hope to be that way next week and I could check to see if its still there. Are you needing hard ware also? Whats the going rate for one? Any ideas?

pm sent

yeah, I'll rub the paint out tommarrow, and wet sand the nose down to og. I think some drop spindles are in the works, along with some safari's and enough bay window westy gear to make the inside look ok unless I can find a deal on og stuff.

Did I mention NO rust holes? Just surface (ok lots of pitting) missing the 1/3rd 2/3rd and the m-code tag :evil: but whatever, I needed another bus

Flipseat Mon Mar 21, 2005 11:18 pm

Tada!

http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=86914
http://www.thesamba.com/vw/classifieds/detail.php?id=144851

Congrats on the bus! Sub hatch westies are where its at 8)

krusher Tue Mar 22, 2005 1:09 am

Good to see the Yard filling up with buses,about time :wink:

Erik G Tue Mar 22, 2005 3:41 am

Ok, on the advice of the crazy surfer kid from swansee I'm not to wet sand. Thanks for the tip buddy, I'll have those pics posted tommarrow.

Big thanks to Yustrn for buying two busses in the last month and letting me get one for a change!